Good morning everyone! I hope your week is off to a good start. So far, mine isn’t too bad. I had one of the more painful physical therapy sessions (of course it happens in my last few weeks with them) but I didn’t let that stop me from getting an afternoon pick-me-up (aka Starbucks) and heading to the library with M to pre-write!
I’m trying out a few new things with this blog, starting first with letting my friends and family finally get a read on it. Super weird for me. I’ve never written for others before, I’ve always done this for myself. So that’s new.I’m also now using Bloglovin’ which is an awesome way to read your blog feed, especially if you’re like me and read blogs on all platforms.
Anyways, lets get down to business (to defeat the Huns?). I’m hoping to turn this into a monthly thing, where I give my personal favorites on Netflix. Basically, it’s what I’m watching right now and recommend for you guys. If you guys like this kind of thing, please let me know. If you don’t, also please let me know!
Must Watch on Netflix for the Month of July:
- Arrested Development! This one is an oldie but a goody for me. I have a deep love for this show, so much so that I own it on DVD and I watch it on Netflix whenever I’m in between shows. Its about a super dysfunctional family where the father/grandfather is arrested in the opening episode and hilarity ensues. I highly recommend this show if you’re also a fan of Parks and Rec as well as The Office.
- The Office! How did I never watch this show before? I feel like such a doof for never getting into it even though everyone in my life told me to do so. There are still some cringey scenes that hurt my soul to my core but I can get past it because its just so funny. ts basically about an office of interesting characters and their life selling paper in Scranton, PA. I know I’m late to the party, but I’m sure I’m not the only one. I’m ashamed that it took me so long to get into it.
- How I Met Your Mother! Wow, I guess I’m into the “classics” this month. I’ve been watching this show since before my surgery but I still haven’t finished it. I’m savoring the last few episodes because its almost over and I don’t think I’m ready. This show really gets to you after a while, it slowly sucks you in to it’s awesomeness. It’s about a guy named Ted and the story of how he met his wife and the mother of his children.
- Shameless!! OK, I must confess that I have only ever watched the first few episodes of this how but I loved it. And now that it’s on Netflix, I can finally watch it! From what I remember, its about a super dysfunctional family and the alcoholic dad and a daughter trying to keep it all together. I cannot wait to catch up on this show!!
- Orange is the New Black!!! Obviously. I mean, come on. I know this came out last month on Netflix, but I was b-deep in HIMYM so I’m just now catching up. I’m very close to the end of this season and I’m nervous because everyone that I know said they cried- and I’m an ugly crier. If you’ve been living under a rock, or just don’t care about Netflix original shows at all, OITNB is about a woman who goes to prison for a crime she committed when she was younger and dating a woman and her time in prison. It’s a crazy amazing show that everyone should watch.
OK well there goes the first installment, like I said before, please leave a comment below if you like this sort of thing and if you want me to continue these! Because I’m thinking about doing a Spotify version once I figure out how to link my Spotify….
What are your favorite shows on Netflix right now? Let me know if the comments!